Monday, May 08, 2006

Wenatchee, WA

Lincoln Rock State Pk
Site #67 - $22 p/w (x2)
17C

This park is located on the banks of the Columbia River in the foothills of the Cascade mountain range. It's a very long steep drive down to the river valley. The area is in the middle of a large apple growing area -- supposedly the "Apple Capital of the World".  Anything US is always bigger and better, right?? Unfortunately, it was very windy when we arrived.

We had a short fire after supper, but it was much too windy. I made a loaf of bread and we read in the trailer.

On Tuesday, we went to the Wenatchee Walmart. Ron had to replace both bike tire tubes. I picked up some sandals, a sweater, purse plus an elastic bandage for my knee.

I finally was able to connect to the Internet at the Comfort Inn. I did my email and had a short chat with Greg.

Back home, we had lunch and went for a bike ride. We sat in the sun in our shorts. There was still a bit of a cool breeze, but we were able to have a fire in the evening

We left the park at 9:30 in the morning, stopping for lunch in Munroe.

Once again we had trouble finding a campground and ended up driving further than we'd planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile.