Monday, October 01, 2007

Sunday / Monday

We lost use of the internet in the campground because the satellite dishes are not working. It's disappointing, but it's hard to complain when it's a free service.

We just did another scenic driving tour today through Spearfish Canyon and Deadwood City. It's kind of a cool city with brick roads and all the old store fronts. Only problem is there is pretty much no shopping in the town anymore. Every store has become a casino. So Casinos and the odd souvenir store pretty much sums up the city. Too bad, but obviously that's where they make their money now and it seemed to be busy.

I'm more than ready to move on .. We've seen enough of this area. I just wish we didn't have the truck problem to contend with. I don't look forward to sitting around in Rapid City waiting on that tomorrow!

All for now... Not sure when I'll get to send this email....
--------------------------------------------------
Monday:

I never did get back on the internet at the campground! We were on the road by 9 a.m. & planned to stop in Rapid City re truck. But, we missed the turnoff (Ron "knows" how to get there! yeah right!) and we decided to keep going. The truck seemed pretty good this a.m. -- silly thing! (though always was better at highway speeds.) So we are heading towards Yellowstone.  We'll see, I believe much of the park was closing at the end of Sept, so I'm not sure what we'll end up doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile.