Friday, June 06, 2008

Fri - June 6 Anchorage, AK

We left Denali at our usual "on the road" time of 9:30 a.m. We continued to be treated to some great views of Mt. McKinley towering above the Alaska range in it's whitened splendour. We were reading that only 30-40% of the visitors have a clear viewing of it, so I guess we were privileged seeing it all 3 days that we were at the park.



It was pretty cool getting up this morning. We had closed the door separating our bedroom & bathroom from the rest of the 5th wheel and had our catalytic heater going to "take the chill off" in that upper area. When I walked in to the lower area I could see my breath (!!). It was only 6C (3C outside).

Anyway, we are in Anchorage now. It is too big and busy here for me! I'm kind of thinking 'when can we leave' and Ron registered us for 2 nights! We are in the worst and the most expensive campground we have been in ($45. less our 10% Good Sam discount). It's another one of those places that sounded too good to be true. You'd think we'd learn!

We ARE close to "Cook Inlet" which comes in off the Gulf of Alaska/Pacific Ocean; close to the downtown area and the cruise ship entries, (Quote: Best of Alaska RV Parks) BUT, we are in the middle of the rail yards & the industrial area, about 30 yds from the train track, and the train appears to blow his horn RIGHT BESIDE US!! I just hope they don't run all night!

We are also right in a flight path, AND I'm sure our neighbors will hear us fart! I asked Ron why ever he would have paid for 2 nights and he said "well you wanted to do laundry" Yeah right... like about 1 hr. will do it for laundry! Oh well, we will try to find a tour or something to pass the time tomorrow.

I am looking forward to getting down in to the Kenai Peninsula area (when we leave here) and away from big city noise! However, it is now time to make some supper!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile.