In the historic downtown area of town where the railroad tracks were, they have taken a row of rail cars and converted them all in to little shops - "Track 29 Mall"! They built nice fronts on the one side of the rail cars and you can walk along the authentic railway platform into the shops.
From the back side, it just looks like a train sitting at the station, complete with the caboose! What a GREAT idea!! and what better way to make use of rail cars that have become obsolete!! I thought the bed & breakfast we saw using the rail cars was pretty cool, but this was even better!!
And critters -- Last night we were sitting at our picnic table having super and heard a rustling in the trees again. "Not more raccoons" I say..... but no, out waddles a skunk, takes a look, turns and waddles back!! I remained calm, but that was a little too close for comfort. Later in the evening at the fire, we got a whiff, so something or someone had an unpleasant encounter!
It was pretty quiet around town and we find out the big "Central Washington State Fair" is on here. I don't know if we are going to make an appearance or not. We do plan to head to the information centre and see where the bike trails are. Someone informed us there are 20 miles of paved trails. At any rate, we are staying another night.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments make me smile.