Friday, June 12, 2015

The Lundbreck Falls and HOME!

Lundbreck Prov Rec Area
Site #53* (best) - $29 p only, cell poor, BRING WATER

We stocked up on groceries while at Sparwood. Our fridge and freezer were the emptiest they've been on this trip. Tuesday morning we packed up. I had just finished backing the truck to the hitch and Ron was rolling up the power cord. I looked over my shoulder and saw an animal standing in our campsite watching Ron work. He was only about 15 feet away.  At first I thought it was a dog, but then realized it was a fox.  We stared at each other for quite some time but when I opened the truck door to alert Ron, it ran. Damn! I missed the photo op!
From Sparwood it was on to Lundbreck Falls where we ended up spending 3 nights. Lots of reading and quiet time with no Internet plus spotty cell service. Although we have been to see the Falls previously, we had never camped there. What a great spot!

We were just a few feet from the Crowsnest River so there was the constant sound of the flowing river. And the birds! So relaxing.


The Falls are just around the river bend from the campground.




We checked out the small town of Lundbreck where we enjoyed an ice cream cone.  We had quite a chuckle over this outhouse at the back of the current Senior's Centre. We weren't sure of the history or what the building was previously. I wish we would have taken time to read the plaque which I didn't notice until I viewed the photo later.

We visited with a couple from Lethbridge who are newly retired from the CPR and teaching. Then, last night, a couple from Cranbrook asked if they could share our fire on the last night. (Ummm.. how do you answer that one??) Oh well, we had a good visit although they stayed later than I would have preferred!



Looking back over the campground
So this is the last of our Spring travels. Those 6 weeks on the road flew by. We are now home. Next up? Summer prep and stocking up of the cabin. We will be heading there with Greg, Kim and family after a week of Seeman/Kesslar family reunion (more camping) at Pigeon Lake then Drayton Valley.
Have a happy Summer!
Smiles when leaving Lundbreck Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile.