Ron and I arrived with our 5th wheel at lunch time. The road to the lake is not the best, so we were slightly shook up, but it was certainly a top notch campsite with meal benefits! We really enjoyed our weekend. We ate great food, went for walks (me on my bike) and did plenty of chatting.



We had hoped to get out for a boat tour of the lake, but the wind and big waves nixed that idea. Of course when we left Monday morning it was perfect and Marilyn and Bob were able to catch a fish before they headed home.


Sandy and Wilma left Sunday after an early dinner. I managed to convince Bob he would love the game Sequence. Just for that, he teamed up with Ron to make sure Marilyn and I were the big losers at that game.
Anyway, after one more enjoyable coffee on the deck, we said our goodbyes. Loved the aprons Marilyn made for us!! Peace and love, my friends.

Monday as we left Turtle Lake, it just so happened that it was "Solar Eclipse 2017 Day". I was a bit sorry we were on the road and unable to experience the time via solar glasses, Internet or TV. I did catch a few comments and the occasional picture on Twitter. Loved this shot below taken by Craig Hilts of SC.

We had hoped to get out for a boat tour of the lake, but the wind and big waves nixed that idea. Of course when we left Monday morning it was perfect and Marilyn and Bob were able to catch a fish before they headed home.
Sandy and Wilma left Sunday after an early dinner. I managed to convince Bob he would love the game Sequence. Just for that, he teamed up with Ron to make sure Marilyn and I were the big losers at that game.
Anyway, after one more enjoyable coffee on the deck, we said our goodbyes. Loved the aprons Marilyn made for us!! Peace and love, my friends.
Monday as we left Turtle Lake, it just so happened that it was "Solar Eclipse 2017 Day". I was a bit sorry we were on the road and unable to experience the time via solar glasses, Internet or TV. I did catch a few comments and the occasional picture on Twitter. Loved this shot below taken by Craig Hilts of SC.
Coincidentally, he and Greg were school buddies back in Regina once upon a time!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments make me smile.