Monday, June 03, 2019

Home *insert sad face*

Well today certainly didn't go as planned.  We hooked up and were on the road by 9:30 am. To Dinosaur Prov Park we had hoped.

One hour down the road and our dear truck slowed and then quit. Ron started walking to where he thought there might be a farm and managed to snag a ride back to the previously passed small town of Jenner. The two ladies at the local service station had no suggestions for help.
Back at the truck and many calls later we finally got a tow truck company that would make the hour trip from Medicine Hat to come and get us. (Why are towing companies so busy this time of year we wonder??)  Anyway, this rescue would involve 2 trucks. One to pull the RV and one to haul our truck.

Ron and I rode with the truck pulling our RV.  It was almost the same vintage as our truck. And with the wind picking up, it meant we drove most of the way home between 80 and 90 km/ hour.  It felt like forever!!!  Some 4 hours and a $800. tow cost later we were finally home.  And so ends this spring camping trip.  It's a little scary what the truck fix might be. New transmission possibly??  Yikes. I guess we will get that news tomorrow.

To add more drama to the trip. After the tow truck parked our RV in our usual storage spot, Ron settled the bill and said we would just take our bikes home from there. Well, I banged and cut my leg on the kickstand when mounting -- a deep cut, mega blood and I ended up at the Hospital Emerg for sutures. Which was another 2 hour wait.

And so ended this camping trip.  Let's just say that we will be very glad to have this day behind us.

We did enjoy the quiet in Blood Indian last night after all the fishing gang had left.  Only these fisherman remained behind.  That is the memory I will try to carry with me as I ready for bed!

1 comment:

  1. Lets hope it is just a minor repair on the truck and that your leg heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile.