Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Back on the Road

The home break was great for catching up. After 3 weeks there were quite a few loads of laundry. I much prefer my own laundry room. Food needed to be topped up. When home, I can make use of the online shopping. This is my new self indulgent custom. I love having someone else do my grocery shopping. I put together my order as we drove home and we picked it up the next morning. Awesome! I saved myself an hour and a half of doing something that I don't enjoy! 

And there was the weather. It was not great which seems to be typical of long weekends! Wind warnings, rain and frost isn't the best camping. We did enjoy a couple propane fires and one indoor fire at home.
Rolling Hills Reservoir Campground 
Site #20: $40 (x9) p only cell, wifi

Ron brought the 5th wheel home on Monday and by 11am we were off to the Rolling Hills Reservoir just over an hour away. The crowds were gone and the sun was warm. We love our view with beachfront.

We did get in a little trouble. Who knew we were such rebels? We backed in in at a bit of an angle and the campground attendant didn't like that. We are supposed to be "parallel". Good grief! 🥴 Anyway, he let it go as we were already unhooked.
Seriously? Not straight enough? Also, Ron did this on purpose! We often angle park for added privacy or wind breaks. Anyway, we are looking forward to a week or so here!


2 comments:

  1. I remember when we were ‘much younger’, seeing the seniors wanting to do it their way! LOL …well, here we are!!!!…& what/who does it hurt? Nobody! 🤷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny thing. The guy who it bothered was "much older"than us!? Weirdo!

      Delete

Comments make me smile.