Saturday, May 04, 2024

A Smooth trip!

NEW TRUCK - 2003 FORD F350

Hanna, AB
Prairie Oasis Park
Site #31: $35 (x10) p/w on Monday

And here we are! Camping 2024! We are one of two units at Prairie Oasis Campground south of Hanna. A large motorhome is parked in another area not visible from our campsite. There is a little tent in the tenting area, but we haven't seen anybody around. I would not want to be tenting! Brrrr, the nights are still pretty chilly!
We were all set up and sitting by our cozy propane fire pit for cocktails by 5 pm. Barbecued burgers were on the menu. All in all it was a great first evening and I'm glad we made the decision to come! I'm shocked more campers haven't joined us for the weekend!

Saturday brought gunshots. Apparently they hired someone to shoot the gophers. There are no campers here but there are plenty of gophers! I'm thinking it will be more than a days work!

We have paid for 5 nights although we may extend our stay. I keep hoping the rain and wind in the upcoming forecast will change. Currently it is 15C and we did get plenty of walk and bike time in should we be forced in to camper time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile.