Guess what?? We are pretty busy here! I am taking a few minutes now while everyone is having a nap except Grandma! (Though I feel like I could, my eyes are pretty heavy right now!!) Connor 'goes down' at 1:30, so I have the sleeping baby with me, so mom can have a nap. Dad is at work and Grandpa is lying down in the 5th wheel.
It was a bit of a 'tight fit' backing in to the driveway with the tree on either side, but with a bit of maneuvering, Ron made it. It is much nicer to be parked close than commuting to and from the campground which is 1/2 hr. out. We can't open the slide, but that's not a big deal as we are mainly just sleeping & showering in here. So, since arriving Sat. There was the prep and then Connor's birthday on Sunday. It was a Construction Theme. How cute it that!?
The kids all got 'hard hats' and little orange aprons (free from Home Depot) when they arrived. There were signs and caution tape around the yard. "Kid's at Work" hung over the sandbox and Greg & Ron picked up a bag of gravel so there was even a 'gravel pit'. Kim made a 'dump truck' cake with crushed up oreos in the back for 'dirt'. That was quite an ordeal -- I won't go in to big details, but she was up until 1 a.m. Sat night trying to get it all together! Icing melting off and one side fell over after it was half iced!! I felt bad for her, but it ended up turning out so very cute!
This morning Ron & I took the kids for a walk. Ron pushed Connor on his new tricycle and I had the baby in the stroller.
The days are going by so quickly. And it's always very busy!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments make me smile.