Site #3 - $25, p/w/s, Internet office, Temps 20C+
Damn! I hate not having internet at our campsite! I have photos to upload. We need to check phone messages at home. And we don't even know who won the last Canuck game. It sucks to be out of touch! There is internet available at the campground office, so hopefully today I can 'catch up'.
Yesterday, on the river between Leavenworth and Wenatchee, we saw many of those river rafters that we had wondered about. It is a very popular sport in this area. And the "Alpine Village" of Leavenworth, one could spend a lot of time & money! So much to see and do. It has a similar feeling to Banff. I talked about it four years ago when we were here, so I won't bore you with details again. But, the shops are very cool. And this past weekend? There was an outdoor art show and a local wine sampling walkabout. Ahhhh.... for a good set of knees.
It is mind boggling how quickly the terrain changes when you make the steep climb out of the lush green Wenatchee Valley. All of a sudden it is flat dry farm land. Much like our prairies. Except here? You can drive miles and miles without seeing even a single tree. And the crops are right up to the highway. No ditches.
The area where we are now camped by Coulee City is all sagebrush and interesting cutbanks and rock cliffs. Plus? It is hot here! Last night we were too warm in the 5th wheel. It was already 21C when we woke up! It was windy when we got up this morning, but the wind has died and the temp has gone up to 27C. Time for laundry.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments make me smile.