We had two very hot days but the Thursday prior to the long weekend was windy and wet, so we made the 1 ½ hour drive to Medicine Hat for the afternoon. It was good to do a home check, pick up mail, do a couple loads of laundry and pick up some supplies. We were in need of a new lawn chair as someone (I won't mention his name) backed over mine with the truck. One must remember to put the truck in park before exiting.
Apparently it poured while we were gone. The 8 km stretch of grid road back to the park was horrible -- mud and slippery. I was pretty happy to see our 5th wheel again! Ron spent the next afternoon with a brush and many buckets of water.
We are enjoying our stay here. (One of those trailers above is ours.) Even though it's been a busy weekend, our spot is fairly private and quiet. It's nice to have such large campsites with decent space in between! Some of the upper level off lake sites are more open with units closer together and doubled up. We did hear that the cops were called in for one group of young partiers.
The weekend weather has been great other than some wind. Kids have been swimming, but holy moly the water is COLD! I don't know how they can stand it! I walked up to my ankles and instant numbness. I promptly re-packed my floating chair.
![]() |
| wind block |
Today the units are lined up at the RV dump and heading home. We have paid for another night and then will make the decision to stay or go. With all the weekend traffic we haven't been able to access the wifi network. I'm glad to see it available again!!
![]() |
| Exit line-up at the dump. Glad we are staying!! |





No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments make me smile.