Site #A-19, $40, p only, Temp 8C
When we visited this Reservoir campground for the first time a year ago, we said we would be back. Sitting on the beach under an umbrella in 30C weather and being serenaded by all the song birds won us over. We ended up staying here for 2 weeks last year.
We were not so lucky with the weather this year. Windy, cool and a little rain for the first two days. Also, the $5/night fee increase didn't impress us much.
However, we did get out for bike rides and walks. The kid in me was excited to find some hidden painted rocks in various places in the trees and along the beach. I had remembered seeing a "Medicine Hat Rocks" Facebook page some time ago. People were painting rocks and hiding them in parks around the Hat and sharing these pics on the FB page. So I did a search. Low and behold I found a post saying that a family had hidden some rocks at Rolling Hills campground and they had shared a photo of the nine painted rocks they had hidden. I had found four of these rocks! Of course I had to go looking again! So far, I've only found one more. But oh such fun! Lol...
However, we did get out for bike rides and walks. The kid in me was excited to find some hidden painted rocks in various places in the trees and along the beach. I had remembered seeing a "Medicine Hat Rocks" Facebook page some time ago. People were painting rocks and hiding them in parks around the Hat and sharing these pics on the FB page. So I did a search. Low and behold I found a post saying that a family had hidden some rocks at Rolling Hills campground and they had shared a photo of the nine painted rocks they had hidden. I had found four of these rocks! Of course I had to go looking again! So far, I've only found one more. But oh such fun! Lol...
Note: I did leave the rocks for others to find.
On Wednesday the sun came out, the temps went up and it was easy to recall why we had loved this place so much.
On Wednesday the sun came out, the temps went up and it was easy to recall why we had loved this place so much.
We have only paid for one more night, but we will see what tomorrow brings. Should we stay or go..? One more discovery. Mice..ugh... They have been busy scurrying across our campsite. We have never had a problem with these critters getting in, but we will keep our eyes and ears open now! It's funny but when I mentioned this place to a condo neighbour she said they loved it here except for the mouse problem! Yup, now we know! We never saw them last year.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments make me smile.