It was a busy day that went by much too quickly. We had planned to do some biking, but it was rainy, so we headed to the Lewis & Clarke Interpretive Centre. We have been following and reading about the Lewis & Clarke expedition for a few years now and have covered a fair bit of their route along the Missouri, Clearwater & Columbia rivers on our various US trips.
As most of you know, the interest evolved when I discovered a distant relative, George Shannon, was a part of this gruelling 3 yr expedition - at 19 yrs of age, the youngest member. (They were sent by Jefferson in the early 1800's to hopefully locate a water route from Ohio to the Pacific Ocean.) Today was interesting because our audio tour was narrated from George Shannon's perspective! I was pretty thrilled! It was after 2:30 when we got through the exhibits and the displays and watched video presentations.
After a late lunch and more city touring, we finally got to some shopping. (Ron loves to shop!) Actually I'm not sure you would call what we do shopping. There isn't much browsing (or buying!) going on. You go in a store, head right to the item you are looking for (in this case GPS's), make your decision to buy or not and-- if not, head to the next store for more of the same! So we were in numerous stores (!!) but yes, we FINALLY bought our new GPS! I AM happy about that and I look forward to having it available for the rest of our trip!
Actually we did buy one other item. A small TV for our 5th wheel to replace the one that didn't survive our Alaska trip. Yes, those were rough roads!! (Sorry Mike, from the Brick, we forgot about this 'need' and we didn't check with you before we left on our trip!)
So I am busy downloading updates for the GPS (gee, it's great to have wireless in campgrounds!!) and Ron is researching our next locale which will be Yellowstone Park. I just hope this moisture we are getting here doesn't turn to snow which is what kept us from heading there in the fall of 2007!!
That's all for now. On to West Yellowstone tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments make me smile.