Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Another Day, Another Night

We took a look at the forecast and decided to stay another night. It showed rainy and cool back home, sunny and warmer up here. Our being here has peaked the curiosity of the campground caretakers. "You are staying another night????" As nice as it is here, I'm thinking it must be mainly locals or oilfield services that would use the facilities and not so many of us 'holidayers'. The downside to this campground is the water is not 'potable' as I believe it is very high in iron. The other annoying thing is the poplar fuzz is flying. It is a little better today, but the other two days, it was like a snowstorm.

Oh yes, and when Ron saw the last name of the caretakers, he asked if they were related to the Mazenod "Alstadt's". It turns out that this is a grandson. And apparently he is one of the thousands Ron has linked to the family tree. ;)

We did another bike tour this morning and rode to the boat launch. Another sign posted and another laugh. Besides the 3 motorized vessels at a time, your turn consists of three times around the lake. And you must go counter-clockwise. Also, you need a permit to launch. I have to wonder why anyone would go to the trouble of launching their boat here!? It is not worth it and I guess that is what they are striving for.
The Rules!
We discovered something else about this town. Hardisty was the location of the TV show from a few years back "The Week the Women Went". I do remember seeing a bit of one show as I clicked through channels. 
Looking across to Beach & Campground
This afternoon we drove up to Irma and back. The Battle River Valley makes for some pretty countryside. Also, a little hailstorm just passed through town. And there is a bit of rain now. That was NOT in the forecast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile.