After the first night, we lost the wifi connections on our laptops. So much for the free wifi. It will probably be fixed tomorrow. When we leave.
So I caught up on laundry. We had plenty of campfires. We got a few groceries and toured the town. We road our bikes. All the usual. Campers have come and gone, but it certainly wasn't the usual long weekend craziness. The busiest spot has been the restaurant. Today there were 8 tour buses that pulled in for lunch. The owner told us they arrange their stops and they are supposed to arrive at ½ hour intervals, but they showed up in pairs today. About every 15 minutes. It is obviously a very popular spot. Did I mention that the restaurant is called "The Painted Turtle"? This is why.

We have enjoyed the peaceful beauty and quietness of this place. And the loons. It is such a treat to hear their forlorn calls on the lake every morning and evening. I love the sound.
Tomorrow we pack up and move on. Probably to somewhere around the Jasper area. Once again our connectivity will be questionable. I just hope there is cell service!
We have enjoyed the peaceful beauty and quietness of this place. And the loons. It is such a treat to hear their forlorn calls on the lake every morning and evening. I love the sound.
Tomorrow we pack up and move on. Probably to somewhere around the Jasper area. Once again our connectivity will be questionable. I just hope there is cell service!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments make me smile.