Monday, October 21, 2013

Leaving Blythe Tomorrow

And my laptop has crashed again. I had so hoped it would at least get me back home, but no such luck. It doesn't look like it can be revived this time. Big sad face here. I must now fight for time on Ron's laptop. :)

The family group left on Sunday morning the campground got pretty quiet again. Seriously, they were a great bunch. There was no foul language or late night partying. It was just SO much activity and we were smack in the middle of it. I must admit that I did like their music though. It was as if we were back in Mexico again. The music went very well with my margaritas!

We continue to enjoy the activity from the fields around us. It would appear to be Sandhill Crane hunting season. There have been numerous flocks passing over and we can hear shots being fired. Ron drove his bike to the area, but came across a sign saying: "Caution. Hunting in Progress. Take an alternate route." He listened.

Also, they have busy baling hay in the adjacent field to the campground. There were at least five baler machines working late in to the night last night. Today they are busy loading bales. I was hoping to see some of the cotton harvest while we were here, but I guess it is too early for that. There are lots of cotton bolls in the fields ready and waiting.
Full "Hunter's Moon" - Oct 18
It will seem strange packing up the RV and heading out tomorrow after two weeks of 'homesteading'. Ron says he hopes we can remember how to do this. We will miss the beautiful sunsets. And our birds. Except for the Grackles. There are way too many of those here! If all goes according to plan, our next update will be from Indian Waters RV in Indio. First up on the agenda? Laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile.