Monday, October 28, 2013

saying Good-bye to Indio

Well, our touring and our time here is coming to an end.
Yesterday we drove to the Palm Desert Street Market at the College campus. I wasn't sure I would be able to do the walking, but there are shuttles that take you from the parking lot to the market and I made use of my cane, so we did get to see some of it. It is just like we remembered from our visit 20 or so years ago - T Shirts, hats, purses, jewellry, clothing, paintings, pottery. Nice stuff, but it would seem that I am more of a looker than a buyer. I did get a couple of sun dresses.
Today we fueled up and checked out the stores at the fairly new Indio Towne Centre Shopping Mall. We bought a few groceries for the road at WinCo Foods. Some great prices at that 24 hr. superstore! I wish we would have found this place sooner.
Art? At the College campus by the Street Fair
Our stay has been great, but more than anything, we will miss the weather. Plus 'our' pool and hot tub! This is 'city camping' and the traffic noise can be a bit annoying at times. We run our fan constantly for the 'white noise'. There are a lot of barking dogs, sirens and a stupid ice cream truck that seems to go round and round just outside the Resort playing "Turkey in the Straw". Over and over. All day long. Gah... I hope I never have to listen to that song again!! We have toured and enjoyed a lot of this area though. And yes... Again. The weather is fabulous! I am not excited about returning home to snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile.