Site #25 - $9.50, then $19, n/s, Temp 20C
9:30 a.m and we are enjoying our morning coffee, looking over the river and mountains. It is cloudy, but pleasant, about 15C already! Kettle River is a very nice prov. campground although dry camping. As always I miss the power. We ended up running our little propane heater last night. I think it's more for tenters or smaller areas, so it wasn't "cozy warm", but it did take a bit of the chill off.

When we arrived, we went for a bike ride along the railbed trail which is part of the Trans Canada trail. Nice easy ride. So glad I can still ride. It's much easier than walking for me with the weight off my knees.

We had our evening fire with a log we found along the bike trail.

--------------------------------
Noon: Went for a short walk along the river. Lots of mine shafts along the other side. Ron had to check one out, but he didn't go in when he smelled the skunk!!

The park staff came by to collect when we got back. They are a retired couple who used to have a service station in the Yukon. So we had quite a visit re our upcoming trip and all. When he was filling out the registration, he asked if Ron was a Sr. so it was 1/2 price ($9.50) !! Pretty cheap!! I asked Ron after if he was offended at being asked if he was a Sr. and he said "No, not for $9.50 I wasn't !!"
We drove to Rock Creek for a couple of supplies (and to send the email). Doug and family are planning on making the hour drive to have supper with us. We will head to their place in Kelowna tomorrow.
9:30 a.m and we are enjoying our morning coffee, looking over the river and mountains. It is cloudy, but pleasant, about 15C already! Kettle River is a very nice prov. campground although dry camping. As always I miss the power. We ended up running our little propane heater last night. I think it's more for tenters or smaller areas, so it wasn't "cozy warm", but it did take a bit of the chill off.
When we arrived, we went for a bike ride along the railbed trail which is part of the Trans Canada trail. Nice easy ride. So glad I can still ride. It's much easier than walking for me with the weight off my knees.
We had our evening fire with a log we found along the bike trail.
--------------------------------
Noon: Went for a short walk along the river. Lots of mine shafts along the other side. Ron had to check one out, but he didn't go in when he smelled the skunk!!
The park staff came by to collect when we got back. They are a retired couple who used to have a service station in the Yukon. So we had quite a visit re our upcoming trip and all. When he was filling out the registration, he asked if Ron was a Sr. so it was 1/2 price ($9.50) !! Pretty cheap!! I asked Ron after if he was offended at being asked if he was a Sr. and he said "No, not for $9.50 I wasn't !!"
We drove to Rock Creek for a couple of supplies (and to send the email). Doug and family are planning on making the hour drive to have supper with us. We will head to their place in Kelowna tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments make me smile.