Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sun - 25th Dease Lake

We are back on the Cassiar Hwy. It was tough to leave that beautiful and relaxing spot on the lake. Driving back from Stewart/Hyder yesterday we saw another 5 bears and we have seen quite a few this a.m. already.  They are certainly out and about!

We stopped for fuel at Bell and paid the highest ever at $1.536 We were told it's gets worse further north. One good thing is that we are getting better mileage with the slower driving :-)

We had our first 'glitch' just after Bell when we had to change a separated truck tire. Just beyond there we ran out of our smooth highway (km 300 on the Cassiar) and we had to slow down considerably for some patches and rough spots..  Yuk, and I understand that too gets worse.  Anyway, we had our tire problems on the "GOOD" highway?????

We had planned to get further than Dease Lake today, but now we'll have to try and pick up another tire, so, maybe not.
--------------------------------------
Dease Lake RV Park
Site #12 - $22, p/w, Internet, Temp 25C

It's 4 p.m. at Dease Lake. Ron stopped at the local service station as soon as we got to town and a tire guy happened to be there, because his wife was the cook! He followed us to campground and then led Ron to his tire shop out of town. Ron had just un-hooked our truck and left with him.  I managed to get set up myself -- power, water plus, I put out the canopy for shade as it is 26C here and HOT !! (I was pretty proud of this as I'd never done it myself before!!)

Ron is back now.  The tire guy has a used tire to put on the rim for us ($70.), so we'll have a spare again. BEER TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile.