Sunday, May 13, 2007

Another Night at Potholes

We had planned to leave today, but guess what? This desert can get WINDY !! The wind came up at supper time last night and boy did it blow! It seemed to let up in the night, but it's back blowing this a.m. Unless it quietens, we will stay another night. It is not fun bucking winds.
There are 2 large motorhomes parked next door to us. Grandma & Grandpa in one and the daughter, son-in-law, 2 kids plus an adult friend & her daughter. The son-in-law pulled a boat behind his motorhome, and asked if Ron would launch it for him yesterday so he wouldn't have to move the motorhome.

Anyway, the whole gang all loaded in the boat & Ron's truck and Ron took them down and he brought back the empty boat trailer. Everything was left laying around outside while they were gone -- kids motorised scooters and a motorised car etc. etc. They had asked us to keep an eye on their places while they were out fishing. We didn't even know their names -- trusting people! Anyway, Grandpa walked back later in the afternoon to fetch Ron so he could pick them all up again (and pull the boat out of the water)!

Today is a little undecided. If there was a laundromat on site, I'd be there! Good day for that! I did a small load by hand when we arrived, but a machine would be nice now.

PS. I've been lucky down here finding unsecured wireless internet. While here, I am connecting at the fire station from the parking lot. In Lewiston, I used an RV repair shop and the local ice cream parlour -- again, just from the parking lot. Very handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile.