Thursday, May 24, 2007

Busy Times

I am taking a few quiet moments in the sun with my laptop. Kari & the boys will be coming soon. (except for jack who is in school) 

We've had some busy times here. Kari's been out to the 5th wheel a couple times.



and Richard was here. 

We spent time at both Kari's & Dave's and yesterday we had afternoon coffee with Uncle Walter. Tonight Richard and Janice are coming for dinner and then we will leave in the a.m. and head to Vernon area. I am looking forward to spending some time with Jeff.

Last night we were at Dave's for dinner. Sam (Eliz. oldest) was there from CA. He and Eliz had spent the day shopping and buying supplies as he is off to Prince George to plant trees. It will be very interesting to see how long he lasts at that. We saw a short documentary on CBC 2 nights ago about the tree planters and it's a very tough job. Lots of blisters, tendinitis and aching bones! Some kids had duck tape wrapped around all their fingers. Quite a few of the rookies drop out. And so I wonder about Sam. Can he handle it??  Anyway, he was to be on a 9 a.m. flight today and time will tell!  

Other than the one day of pouring rain, it's been pretty decent. Not overly warm, but at least not wet. I am looking forward to moving on and hopefully having another campfire or two. As mentioned, we will do the weekend with Jeff and then probably go to Doug's on Monday for a few days. He and Rina are coming to Vancouver this weekend for Rina's nephew's grad dinner.

Well, must go, I'm surprised Kari isn't here yet.... Her days starts pretty early and she's usually chomping at the bit to get going. Jack would have been off to school at 8:30 and I would have thought she'd be on the road. Ron is out buying some buns for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile.