Monday, September 28, 2009

Ottawa Days

Busy times... and as I've already reported to some of you, Ron & I are starting to 'run out of steam'. It's been a lot of nights away from our own bed and going from one busy household to another and we are feeling a little old and tired come bed time! Also, there appears to be a 'cold bug' circulating which Ron & I managed to pick up... That hasn't helped!

Anyway, we've had alot of fun. On week days, Connor takes the bus to 'pre-kindergarten' at 8:15 a.m.. Dad & Grandpa walk the 2 blocks to the bus with him and then Grandpa & mom pick him up at 11:45. He seems so little to be getting on the big yellow school bus, but he manages just fine and seems excited about school. Carter has library group on Tues. (tomorrow!) and play group on Fridays.


Other activities include a "Lantern Walk" with singing & entertainment. (I had to miss out, but it sounds like it was great family fun). Plus a trip to the Agriculture Museum where we saw all the farm animals, played on the tractors, etc. And then lots of play time - indoors and out. We are getting to know the names of all the Thomas the Train characters. The boys love their trains and we've laid (and re-laid!) a lot of track over the week!

and the baby....!! Parker is SUCH a content little boy -- he eats, sleeps and he is happy. He has his longest stretch of sleep at night -- lucky mom! I am working hard to coax smiles out of him before we head back to Vancouver on Saturday. I swear he's had a few grins for me, but Grandpa tells me they are just gas pains (and no doubt the little guy sure can toot!!!) He will be 1 month old on Sat!@! Time has flown! 
 

Tomorrow is Greg & Kim's 9th Anniversary. I believe the plan is dinner out for them, while Grandpa & I feed and entertain the 3 boys back home.... I'll let you know how that goes :-)

But for now it's off to bed.. It's WAY past my bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile.