We went to the Interpretive Centre and for a drive to Bruneau Canyon. Some interesting sightseeing. A neighbor had told us about this canyon. I'm not sure how well travelled the road is. The last stretch of road was pretty rough gravel, very narrow and lined with huge sunflowers.
 |
| road lined with sunflowers |
 |
| cool plant at the canyon |
 |
| Bruneau Canyon |
Also we had a good laugh over this sign "THIS ROAD CROSSES US AIR FORCE BOMBING RANGE. FOR THE NEXT 12 MILES OBJECTS MAY FALL FROM AIRCRAFT."
It was an interesting gorge and an entertaining drive. Back at the RV, the campground had indeed emptied out but we were joined by 3 new units. Ron chatted with a recently retired couple from Trail, BC. They joined us for an evening fire. We shared border crossing experiences. They have lake property in the US south of Trail. Food is always the big issue. We are tomato felons. They are the avocado felons.
 |
| Beautiful sunsets over the campground |
One thing I forgot to mention about the Dunes. The house flies were atrocious!! I don't think I've ever seen them so bad. The campsite brochure advertises that fly swatters are available at the Interpretive Centre, so I guess it's an ongoing issue. I will not miss the flies. Or the wind. It was calm when we drove off this morning. I am still chasing flies out the truck window and I'm sure we'll be swatting them in the RV when we stop this evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments make me smile.