Tuesday, October 05, 2010

The Border is Crossed

Country Lane
Site #? - $22.50, p/w/s, TV, Internet available

We are in the USA. We bought our duty free vodka & rye but lost our 2 Canadian peppers & a few little tomatoes. Stupid US people!

I did have one big chuckle however. I was standing outside the 5th wheel while the Agriculture guy went in to do his check. He headed straight to the bedroom area & the conversation goes like this.
    He: "Whose 'toys' are these?"
    Me: "Umm... Excuse me??"
    He: "The 'toys' ... Are they yours? or your husbands?"
    Me: "TOYS??????"
So I go in to the 5th wheel & he is looking under our bed.... "OH... the GRANDKID toys!" (Ron didn't have sex toys hiding in the bedroom after all!!) Anyway, I'm not sure exactly why he was asking unless he thought we might be importing toys to the US or something?? I did laugh. And I did tell him I was certainly wondering what he had found in the bedroom!!

We stopped at the Grand Coulee Dam. Largest hydropower producer in the States. And, the largest concrete structure in the world with nearly 12 million cubic yards of concrete. That would make a sidewalk that could wrap twice around the equator! (50,000 miles!) What looks like 'little holes' in the dam are really 8.5 feet in diameter. Yeah, we could hide our truck in there! Pretty impressive!

We had some problems finding campgrounds around Spokane, so we ended up choosing a small place, Country Lane near Wilbur, WA, a hour out of Spokane. The price was right & there was wood waiting beside the firepit! Our kind of amenities!! Oh yes... and I even found some internet! According to my watch, it's beer time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile.