Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Utah - From Ogden to Bryce Canyon

Century RV Park
Site #9, p/w/s, Internet, TV, Temp 18C

We spent last night in Ogden, Utah. I had internet. And I didn't have anything to say. How sad was that. We spent this Thanksgiving Monday in the laundromat.

Today we drove to Panguitch, Utah on the outskirts of Bryce Canyon National Park. I HATED the drive through Salt Lake City with an RV!! So much traffic plus road construction had me gripping the upholstery. Hard! Ron had to hit the binders when traffic came to a stop (from 100 km / hr) & 2 vehicles decided to cut in front of us. I believe we left a fair bit of rubber on the road... and the Mormons would have cringed at the language.

Anyway... here at Bryce Canyon... I thought this description was rather fitting:

"What is Bryce Canyon? Words confound when no comparable exist. A cave without a ceiling? A forest of stone? Even 'canyon' is misleading since Bryce is carved by freeze-thaw cycles, not a river. Yet, 'world's largest pothole' is neither adequate nor flattering. Tour this Website, and you'll be enticed to visit Bryce in person. Once here, perhaps you'll agree with those who say, 'Bryce is a Bryce!"


So we have booked 2 nights and we are looking forward to touring tomorrow. One can't complain about the temp -- sunny & 19C is pretty decent for this time of year and these elevations. We are at an elevation of about 8000 ft. here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile.