On Friday I drove to town for a haircut and did a bit of shopping on my own. I have to admit that it was rather nice not to have Ron tailing me about the store & asking what I'm looking for. Every 2 minutes! When you shop with him you don't 'look'. At anything! You go in, grab what you need & get out. In a hurry! grrr!
So tomorrow we will be moving on. I admit that I will really miss this place. I love our lake view. The hot lazy days & those warm nights. Swimming in a lake at the end of October, the road runners, the quail & the bunnies that share our campsite! So awesome!
Something I forgot to mention and will NOT miss... There are little desert mice here. They scamper around our feet when we sit at the fire during the evening. They freak me out!
Also they bring out the rattle snakes. People have said that they see them laying about on the campground roads at night. Eek... you won't find me using those campground toilets! I will not miss them... or the flies! The flies are so annoying during the day! Anyway... we are saying goodbye to Havasu on Monday. Our next email will be from Yuma.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments make me smile.