Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sun 24th and still at Rowan's Ravine

We finally got around to doing a bike tour of the park. It really is a VERY large park and can certainly accommodate a LOT of people. Not just campers, but the day use picnickers and swimmers plus there are about a dozen rental cabins. The beach is huge and a lake this size can handle hundreds of boaters -- no problem. We've camped here before when we lived in Regina, but had kind of forgotten the layout plus it's grown and improved since we were here. The activity in the park picked up when the weekenders began to arrive.

We sat around the fire until about 9:30, but the heat from the flames just couldn't compete with that cold air and we finally moved inside. I found the first wood tick of the season when I changed our bed, so I guess the cold hasn't kept them from coming out! We'll certainly be doing some closer inspections now!

Fiissels came on Sat afternoon and introduced us to Beer-garitas. I was a little sceptical by the sound of it, but yum! They are a great summer drink and are almost as good as a margarita! It was an enjoyable evening of sipping, chatting, eating and sitting around the fire! And even the weather cooperated. Marv & Linda each found a wood tick and were saying that they've heard this is one of the worst years ever for them. I can't help but wonder about all these campers with their dogs running around!? hmmmm!

We had bacon & eggs and were out and about this morning -- riding bikes etc. However it's sprinkling a bit now... Many of the weekend campers have gone home. We will be packing up and moving on tomorrow -- possibly Oyama Regional Pk which is SE of Regina near Kroneau.

I discovered while driving by the Park 'Diner' that it has unsecured wireless internet, so I will take advantage of that to send this email ! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile.