Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tues 26th - Regina, SK

H A P P Y    B I R T H D A Y    J A N E T ! !  It's a great day to be turning 6 0 ! ! :-)
Image result for Happy 60th birthday
We had a 'fix it' morning around here. Ron replaced a couple of loose screws in our hide-a-bed and various other locations in the 5th wheel. I did some 'spot' cleaning that needed to be done.

This afternoon we are heading to Montmartre to check church records for Ron's family tree. (Just a side trip, we won't be taking the 5th wheel.) I'm not sure how much luck we will have as they really aren't 'public' and I don't expect he'll find much more than he already knows! Oh well, it's an afternoon drive and we'll get some pictures in Candiac of the house his mom was raised in. Plus we'll visit the graveyard. (Fun times, eh!?)

Last night after supper we had a visit with Ron's cousin Bernie & Fern. It was kind of like a flashback to when we used to visit Aunt Helen! Bernie is exactly like her mom in both her looks & mannerisms now. She plays bridge everyday with the same seniors group at the church as her mom -- new faces same pass time! Bernie grumbles about all the same things her mom did. It's actually pretty funny!

Tonight we are meeting with another cousin - Bernie's brother, Ben & Gerry. I believe it will include supper at the Emerald Park Golf Course that Ben was instrumental in building. And that is pretty much our day. So, time for lunch and we'll be off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile.