Site #21 - $22.50, p/w/s, Internet, Temp 27C
Well, here we are in Arizona! Three different states in 3 nights! I look forward to being settled in one place for a few days with less time in the truck! We should be at Jim & Jan's place (in Surprise) tomorrow.
Today was another morning with coffee outdoors. We chuckled because the town siren goes off at 8 a.m. and again at 5 p.m. at night. Must be leftover from the mining days?? Anyway, we were already sitting out having coffee when it went off this morning. and we were on the road by 8:30 a.m.
It seemed like a LONG travel day once again. I don't like wasting this warm weather on the road! (27C today). We got through Vegas okay. That's about as much of Vegas as I care to see... Man it is SO big, SO busy and the traffic is never ending and so fast moving. Plus, it is much worse when you are pulling a 27 ft. RV!! I was in Vegas in 1969 and it was NOTHING like that (go figure!) :-)
We stopped at Boulder City for fuel and lunch in the RV. It is a really a nice little community -- much more my speed!!
After Boulder City, it was the Hoover Dam. Since 911, homeland security searches every vehicle. Ron had to open all our RV compartments plus they looked inside the RV. It was a pretty quick check however. I'm sure we fit the tourist / RV-er persona 100%.
After Boulder City, it was the Hoover Dam. Since 911, homeland security searches every vehicle. Ron had to open all our RV compartments plus they looked inside the RV. It was a pretty quick check however. I'm sure we fit the tourist / RV-er persona 100%.
It was SO busy at the Dam site with wall to wall people. The parking lots were full and traffic was moving at a snails pace. We did our viewing from the truck and I snapped pictures through the windows. There is lots of construction taking place and the new bridge will be spectacular when it is finished.
Tonight we are at Kingman, AZ. Would you believe at the Blake Ranch RV Park and Horse Motel !!?? Don't ask how we come up with these places, because I'm not sure!?? Anyway, it is a nice clean park and it felt good to get off our horse!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments make me smile.