Thursday, October 29, 2009

day 2 at Newport

It has been another fairly quiet day. We drove in to Newport for supplies and along the "Historic Waterfront" to see if the sea lions were still hanging out there. And yes, they were, but only about 15. Apparently it's just the males that are here now, because the females are in California until breeding season. And I ask -- who are the smart ones in this situation, and are you even surprised about that? haha!

After lunch we went for a bike ride along the jetty and the Bay. I could direct you to all of last years photos because not much has changed other than the cloud versus the sun that we had on our last trip.  
Anyway, it's a very scenic and most enjoyable pedal. I'm just glad the weather is allowing us to do this! The forecast keeps showing rain, but the showers seem to be short or during the evening / overnight, so it really hasn't kept us inside any more than we want to be. We still had our campfire and bbqued dinner outdoors. What more could you ask for the end of October!

Thurs. - We left Newport 9:45 a.m. in the rain. We will head south on the coast to Coos Bay and then inland to Grants Pass on I-5. We are hoping the pass is clear!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile.