Thursday, October 29, 2009

Moving inland & south, Grants Pass, OR

Valley of the Rogue State Pk
Site #D13 - $16, p/w/s, Temp 11C & cloudy

Thursday - Today we drove longer and further than we normally would. (400 km - 5 hr!). It was an easy drive from the coast through the mountains which turned out not to be so high after all. I was nervous and unsettled starting out. That 'fear of the unknown'!! I had visions of shear cliffs & poor, untravelled roads that would be unsuitable for RV's along with snow in the passes. It didn't help that the town at the halfway point of this connecting highway was called "Remote" :-)

Anyway, it was a good highway, actually, it was even better than the coastal highway and there were truckers and other RV's on the road, so I finally relaxed!! Plus, there was no sign of snow. It poured rain the entire trip, so I didn't mind the longer travel day. Today's rain makes the Nevada & Arizona desserts a much more attractive destination.

Tonight we are camped at a State Park in the Rogue River Valley near Grants Pass - once a rich gold mining region. We are just working out further travel plans, but it looks like we might stay a couple of nights and possibly drive up to Crater Lake tomorrow without the RV.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile.