So we drove back to Little Qualicum Falls where Ron hiked to both the upper and lower falls.... It was abit strenuous he claimed and he was 'sucking air' pretty hard back at the truck.
We also did a short walk into Cathedral Grove. It was just as beautiful as I remembered -- especially with the sun peaking through that lush growth -- wow!

I was pleased when we were able to find my Uncle Ray's old home in Parksville which we hadn't visited for nearly 25 years. (Wish he was still here to visit!). We then enjoyed just sitting on the beach and listening to the waves and the gulls. It is so peaceful. I think of you all the time when we see that seaweed on the shore, Wilma, but no, we are not bringing some home for your garden!! There was an old fellow gathering it on the beach today and he was giving everyone he saw a gardening lesson and telling them how he'd been gathering and fertilising with it for 32 years!

Later: Just finished a GREAT seafood dinner with Deb & Rene. (Something wrong with this picture! Deb works -- I bum around all day and SHE comes home and cooks for us all?? Go figure!) Anyway... Deb did take this morning off and she & I did some errands together (including picking up the seafood at the French Creek market). Yep! 5 star + rating on this RV spot without a doubt!!

Later: Just finished a GREAT seafood dinner with Deb & Rene. (Something wrong with this picture! Deb works -- I bum around all day and SHE comes home and cooks for us all?? Go figure!) Anyway... Deb did take this morning off and she & I did some errands together (including picking up the seafood at the French Creek market). Yep! 5 star + rating on this RV spot without a doubt!!
We are thinking about moving on tomorrow, but we haven't really come up with a plan yet... (getting too comfy maybe??) Anyway.. I must get busy and check out ferry info to Port Angeles, Washington and campgrounds in the Victoria area. I'll keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments make me smile.