Tuesday, October 13, 2009

more from Courtenay & yep... raining..

We are now in to the 'rainy' stuff here... This morning wasn't too bad -- basically just 95% humidity. Ron walked along the beach and we sat out and were entertained by a sea gull trying to swallow a fairly large starfish whole!? That was something to see... what a crazy bird!

After lunch we drove up to Mount Washington Alpine Resort. We got to experience what you are experiencing on the prairies, because yes... It was snowing and very ugly up on the mountain!!
Because of the weather up there, we decided to forgoe a trip to Delta Falls -- Canada's highest waterfalls. Back down at Courtenay and it was raining a little harder -- still the rain beats that white stuff this time of year!! The drive through the trees is truly beautiful. I LOVE all those fall colours! wow! By the way, people were still out golfing yesterday and again today in the rain, so it's really not that bad (other than up the mountain!)

Back at our campsite we sat around the campfire. The trees provided shelter from the rain and although I'm sure we 'looked' crazy and people may have wondered about us, we really enjoyed ourselves and sat out for over 2 hours. Camping is the best! (and in our 5th wheel a loaf of homemade bread completed it's cycle -- love it !!)
It's a great campspot with a wonderful view at a decent price and so I think we may stay here another night or two. We'll make a trip to Qualicum Beach tomorrow and visit Deb at the Chocolate Shop. (I'd take orders, but I'm rather certain we wouldn't be able to guarantee our delivery service!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile.