Site #6 - $22, p/w, no Internet, Temp 16C
Well, we left our Seshelt campsite at 9:30 a.m. but we were about 15 minutes late for the 10:30 a.m. sailing at Earl's Cove. The ferry was just pulling away when we drove up. We had to wait until 12:15. Part of the problem was the 55 km. winding, twisty road ....unbelievable!! We did not make very good time as we could only drive between 50 & 60 km/hr. It was a beautiful drive however -- the fall colours are gorgeous.... and, what the heck.... we have no schedules to keep! :-)
So we are now at Willingdon Beach Campsite in Powell River. There is a Beach Trail along the waterfront, so after we got settled in our site, we got our bikes out. I must admit I was VERY nervous getting on the bike once again. I felt quite insecure and uncomfortable for most of the ride. I do hope that feeling disappears soon!! My injuries from my Vancouver bike mishap are healing quite nicely. My black eye has faded and I'm not so self-conscious in public now! It's mainly just my bruised knees & leg, but I've been living with sore knees for quite sometime now!
I was disappointed to find this campgournd does not have internet access. I'll look for a connection tomorrow.
Well, we left our Seshelt campsite at 9:30 a.m. but we were about 15 minutes late for the 10:30 a.m. sailing at Earl's Cove. The ferry was just pulling away when we drove up. We had to wait until 12:15. Part of the problem was the 55 km. winding, twisty road ....unbelievable!! We did not make very good time as we could only drive between 50 & 60 km/hr. It was a beautiful drive however -- the fall colours are gorgeous.... and, what the heck.... we have no schedules to keep! :-)
So we are now at Willingdon Beach Campsite in Powell River. There is a Beach Trail along the waterfront, so after we got settled in our site, we got our bikes out. I must admit I was VERY nervous getting on the bike once again. I felt quite insecure and uncomfortable for most of the ride. I do hope that feeling disappears soon!! My injuries from my Vancouver bike mishap are healing quite nicely. My black eye has faded and I'm not so self-conscious in public now! It's mainly just my bruised knees & leg, but I've been living with sore knees for quite sometime now!
The bike path was quite interesting in that it had displays of old logging equipment along the way -- what a great idea!
| seashells |
We also sat on the beach for quite awhile. It was so nice in the sunshine -- just watching the people and the boat activity plus we collected a few cool seashells. We will venture a bit further by bike tomorrow as we are registered for 2 nights.
Back at the campsite a neighbor joined us for cocktails. Ron had chatted with him earlier in the day as we waited for the ferry and he ended up at this campground. He's a Calgarian, newly retired from Shell Canada. His wife isn't interested in camping, so he travels in his Pleasure Way van while she is off doing speaking seminars on parenting and related topics. A very interesting fellow and we enjoyed his company.| old boat breakwater |
I was disappointed to find this campgournd does not have internet access. I'll look for a connection tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments make me smile.